Step 2. Create your entry.
An entry in each category is ONE electronic copy of your application, which may be a maximum of 16 pages. The entry narrative may be a maximum of 15 pages, plus the cover page. The electronic submission will be distributed to SWANA Technical Division judges for evaluation.
NOTE the order the pages should appear!
- The FIRST page of your entry should be a cover sheet with the following information:
- Title: 2018 Excellence Award entry
- Name of category
- Name of entrant organization as you want it to appear on the award trophy if you win
- Name of contact person, with email and phone number
- Title of entry as you want it to appear on the website
- Jurisdiction (city, county, parish, province, state, region, multiple states, etc.)
- Approximate population of the jurisdiction
- Cost per household for the project
- Approximate budget
- The SECOND page of your entry should begin with an EXECUTIVE SUMMARY of no more than 150 words. This will be edited to describe your program in SWANA publications, including a press release if your program is a winner. Your summary should include the specific elements of your entry that you want highlighted.
- Entries with more than 15 pages of content addressing the judging criteria will be disqualified. The 15 pages consist of:
Descriptive Sections organized following the main and sub-categories (as outlined in the scoring criteria), mixed with pictures, graphics, etc., to highlight items.
Supplemental Materials (e.g., press releases, news articles, support letters, design plans, etc.) digitized and included in the electronic submission as part of the 15 pages. We no longer accept “attachments”. When including documents, you may reduce them in size to fit multiple documents on a page, as long as they are readable, or include a link to a website that contains the requested document.
The descriptive section and supplemental materials must not exceed 15 pages (8-½" x 11") plus the receipt and cover page, for a total maximum of 16 pages.
- EACH PAGE of your entry except the cover page must contain a header with the following information: 2018 Excellence Award entry, name of category, name of organization
- Entries should NOT include front/back designed
cover pages or blank pages. These waste valuable space that you could be using to address the scoring criteria.