The Deadline for Submissions Has Passed!
SWANA’s Best Safety Innovation award showcases an exemplary safety innovation undertaken by the solid waste industry during the previous year to reduce hazards and accidents, develop company regulations and best practices, or improve worker safety.
Any organization may enter. The person who submits the application must be a SWANA member.
Entry judges will be looking for your responses to the following:
- Describe the safety innovation you implemented in the past year (during either the calendar or fiscal year—if the fiscal year, give dates), and what hazards you were seeking to address in taking this action.
- How did you measure results for your program before implementing your innovation?
- What results did you use as a baseline for comparison between the old program and the program after the innovation?
- Over what period of time was the innovation implemented, and how?
- What were the results of the innovation and how do they compare to the baseline you had established?
- Why do you think your safety program deserves this innovation award?
All entries will initially be judged by a committee from the appropriate Technical Division. That committee will select a winner for that Division. The SWANA Safety Committee will then review the winning Division applications and select an overall winner.
Decision of the judges is final.
SWANA intends to present a winner for each Technical Division, as well as one overall winner. Fewer trophies may be presented based on number or quality of entries.
Each winner will receive a trophy at an awards presentation at WASTECON®. All entrants will receive a certificate of recognition for their submission, which will be mailed. Information on the ceremony and reservations will be sent to the winners.