Applications due Friday, May 31, 2019
SWANA’s Biggest Safety Improvement award showcases an exemplary safety improvement undertaken by the solid waste industry during the previous year.
Applicant must be an organization that collects, processes, recycles or otherwise disposes municipal solid waste, and the individual submitting the application must be a SWANA member.
Safety Award applications will be reviewed by members of the SWANA Safety Committee. Additional information may be requested verbally or in writing in order to evaluate the application further. The decision of winner(s) by the Committee is final.
Winners will be announced on Thursday, August 1. The awards will be presented at the Safety Summit at WASTECON® 2019 in Phoenix, Arizona in late October.
- Indicate which is the primary activity of the applicant:
(Collection | Transfer Station | MRF | Composting | WtE | Landfill | LFG | Other)
- Please describe your safety program for calendar or fiscal year 2018. (Limit 250 words)
- Indicate how you measure the Safety Improvement:
(Worker Accident/Injury Rate | Worker Accident/Injury Claims | 3rd Party Claims | Lost Time | Other)
- Based on that measurement, what were the results in 2018 compared to previous years?
- OPTIONAL: Upload any supporting data or documentation.
Ready to Apply?