If you want to sit for a SWANA Certification exam, or need to retake it and can’t make it to a SWANA event due to time, travel or budget restrictions, SWANA has another alternative – Sit for the exam locally. Please read the procedures below.
*Fees are subject to change without notice
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting to arrange an exam in a location convenient to the examinee. The email must contain the examinee’s name, exam discipline, testing location area and contact information of requester. A confirming email will be sent.
- Find someone to proctor the exam. The proctor needs to be currently SWANA certified (does not have to be in the same exam discipline), cannot be related or work with the examinee.
- Once a proctor is found, request the individual to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming they will proctor the exam for the examinee. Upon receipt of the email a Proctor Confidentiality Agreement will be sent to the individual to sign and return.
- The examinee will be sent a Testing Agreement to sign and return with the exam payment. The exam fee is $275 for a member and $400 for a non-member*.
- Once a date and location is chosen and SWANA has received all the signed documents and exam fee, the exam materials will be sent via express courier to the proctor for the exam day.