How to Get the Most Out of Attending SWANApalooza
Going to a conference this large can be a daunting experience. SWANA has compiled this guide to help you get the most out of the SWANApalooza experience. Whether you are a first-time attendee, student or new member, here are some tips for navigating before, during and after the conference.
What to Do Before the Conference
- Check out the agenda for all attendees.
- Figure out which sessions you’d like to attend and whom you’d like to meet.
- Get social! Follow #SWANApalooza on @SWANA’s Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the . You don’t have to wait until the conference; start using #SWANApalooza today!
- Pack extra business cards.
What to Do During the Conference
- Check your email for daily updates on events and conference information.
- Tweet using #SWANApalooza If you’re enjoying a particular session or event, let other attendees know about it.
- Customize your SWANApalooza experience! Consult the program ahead of time to make a schedule of the sessions that are most appealing to you. Save some time for enjoyment and relaxation. Make time to see the city. Visit some local sights, catch a show, or try some restaurants with your new friends.
- Visit the exhibits. Exhibitors come showcasing a wide range of products, publications, and services. Demonstrations of new and innovative equipment are given daily! Remember to take the opportunity to socialize while checking out the future trends in equipment, systems, and software.
What to Do When You Get Home
- Every year, shortly after the meeting, registrants will be emailed a link to an electronic survey. Your experiences and opinion of the meeting will help us to plan and organize future meetings and events.
- Follow up with your new contacts. Send an email to those you’ve networked with to follow up on a question or discussion.
- Watch recorded presentations. Miss a presentation or want to see another one again? Many of the presentations are recorded and will be available a few weeks after the end of the meeting.
- Get involved in SWANA! Become a member and present at an upcoming meeting or volunteer your time as a mentor!
- Stay social! Continue following @SWANA on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.