Curated Session: Climate Change
UN Environment Waste Management Outlooks: Opportunities and Solutions from the UNEP Regions (1 CEU)
Monday, September 25, 2017
14:00 – 15:00
Moderator: Hermann Koller, Managing Director, ISWA, Austria
The Global Waste Management Outlook received a very favourable response from various waste management actors globally. In line with the resolution of the 2rd Session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-2), the UN Environment International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC) is now producing a collection of regional and theme specific Waste Management Outlooks.
This session will address the following questions:
- What challenges to waste management remain unaddressed?
- How will climate change impact waste management?
- How can the climate funds be engaged in supporting sustainable waste management?
- What are the region-specific challenges to waste management in small island developing states?
- What alternatives to open dumping and burning practices could be feasible in this region?
- How can UN Environment-IETC contribute to leverage best practices?