Evaluates nominations and presents SWANA Excellence Awards for “Recycling”, “Composting” and “Special Waste.” Learn more about these awards.
Call for Nominations for the 2018 DIAA Award is now open.
Download and fill out this form and send to email@example.com.
Deadline is October 17, 2017, at midnight Eastern time.
Call for Nominations for Division Hall of Fame
Beginning in 2014, the Recycling and Special Waste Division Hall of Fame will recognize those who have made a significant contribution to the recycling and special waste industry. The call for nominations is now open. Candidates for the Hall Fame may be self-nominated or nominated by another person.
To nominate yourself or another individual, please provide:
- Name of nominee
- Professional title
- Organization nominee worked for at the time of the contributions being considered
- Time period being considered
- A brief description of what s/he did to merit inclusion (no more than 500 words)
- Indication of service as a SMM Technical Division Director or Committee Chair, if applicable
- A photo of the nominee 1 MB or larger
Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Eastern time on December 15, 2016.
The first will be presented at the Road to Zero Waste conference in March 2017 in Reno, Nevada.
Legislative and Regulatory Committee
Tracks current and pending legislation at the federal and state levels, providing comments and writing letters to elected officials in support of SWANA's stance on key issues.
Develops and oversees the Division’s technical programs at WASTECON, the annual Road to Zero Waste Conference and other events. Members also can serve as moderators for technical sessions and contribute to the topic and speaker selection process for SWANA’s regular Webinars.
Provides SMM-related training and education through courses and publications, assuring program quality, working with SWANA’s Manager of Training and Certification Programs. Technical courses include:
- Household Hazardous Waste and CESQG Collection Facility Operations Certification Course
- Managing Municipal Solid Waste Recycling Systems Certification Course
- Managing Composting Programs Certification Course