Managing Collection Systems discusses emerging technology and best practices for the collection of residential solid waste and recyclables from single- and multi-family residences. Take a deep dive into information that will help you plan, operate and manage residential solid waste and recyclables collection systems. SWANA offers Managing MSW Collection Systems as preparation for the Collection Systems certification exam or as a standalone course.
This course addresses:
- Municipal solid waste design and operation
- Methods, types, and levels of collection services
- Collection equipment types, design and maintenance practices
- Specifications for collection equipment
- The four “proven” collection methods
- Collection vehicle routing guidelines and techniques
- Yard waste, special waste, and commercial waste collection guidelines and techniques
- Collection services organization and management
- Cost accounting practices and collection services financing
- Health and safety programs
- Effective billing practices and customer service program
- Education and community outreach programs
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for collection system owners, operators, managers, system planners, and employees responsible for collection system operations management.
The course consists of lectures, class exercises, and discussion. The text for the course, Managing MSW Collection Systems, is a comprehensive guide with supplemental images, graphs, examples, and exercises. It serves as an on the job reference.