The Manager of Landfill Operations course is a comprehensive primer on the fundamentals of modern landfills, including operations, site design, regulations, health and safety, cost controls and other issues pertinent to planning, operating, and closing landfills.
Offered by SWANA, the course prepares you for Landfill Management Certification, required by many jurisdictions to operate compliant and safe landfill facilities.
As a result of the course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the scope of landfill importance, purpose, characteristics, design, equipment, and regulatory compliance
- Identify and manage daily operational procedures
- Improve landfill safety
- Outline construction and surveying practices
- Implement and manage effective monitoring systems
- Maximize landfill site administration
- Improve efficiency and control costs