The Manager of Landfill Operations course is a comprehensive primer in the study of modern landfills; including fundamental area of study such as operations, site design, regulations, health and safety, cost controls and other issues pertinent to planning, operating, and closing landfills.
The course is offered by SWANA as preparation for Landfill Management Certification, required by many jurisdictions as requirement to operate compliant and safe landfill facilities.
The objectives of the course include:
- Understanding the scope of landfill importance, purpose, characteristics, design, equipment, and regulatory compliance
- Understanding and managing daily operational procedures
- Improving landfill safety
- Understanding construction and surveying practices
- How to implement and manage effective monitoring systems
- Maximizing landfill site administration
- Improving efficiency and controlling costs