The deadline for applications is August 31, 2022. Selected applicants will be notified by September 30, 2022. Applications consist of the following components:
- A letter of interest (LOI). The LOI must answer these questions:
- Briefly describe your professional experience.
- Briefly describe your SWANA and/or solid waste industry participation, if any.
- Briefly describe any volunteer or community activities you are currently engaged in.
- Why should you be selected for this program?
- What is your Leadership Philosophy, and how do you exemplify this philosophy in your work, community, etc. (with specific examples)?
- How will you contribute to the program? What personal and professional strengths can you offer to the other participants?
- A completed Application Form.
- A current resume.
- A letter of recommendation from a professional in the solid waste industry with over 10- years of work experience.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s immediate supervisor (or similar).*
If an applicant is self-employed or in a rare situation applicant is unable to receive this letter of support, SWANA may still consider the applicant, provided that the applicant provides a written statement.